At the September 22nd City Council Legislative Hearing, Resolution 21-0163 was unanimously passed, establishing a new Stakeholder Advisory Group (SAG) for RiverRenew. Building off the foundation from previous SAGs, this group will monitor construction progress on the Tunnel System Project, the largest infrastructure project in Alexandria's history.
We're looking for a balanced and diverse group of citizens (9 total) representing neighborhoods, businesses, and various interests who commit to being active and engaged in the stakeholder process. Representation of members will be comprised from the following areas:
- Nomination by North Old Town Independent Citizens' Association (NOTICe)
- Tobacco Quay, Waterfront Residences, or Rivergate
- Nomination by Old Town Civic Association
- South Old Town
- Nomination by Eisenhower Partnership
- Carlyle community or Duke Street corridor
- Resident with an interest or expertise in diversity, race, and social equality
- Resident with interest in RiverRenew
- Resident with engineering and/or construction background
SAG Members will be responsible for the following:
- Meet on an as-needed basis, anticipated to be every other month, either virtually or at AlexRenew's Environmental Center;
- Review and monitor construction/program progress;
- Communicate progress to the community by leveraging existing networks;
- Provide recommendations regarding mitigation of construction impacts.
SAG member terms are renewable for up to 1-year for a total duration of 3 years.
The SAG application period closed on Friday, November 6, 2020. Selected candidates will be notified in December 2020.