Submit your application by December 1, 2018 using the form below.
AlexRenew is seeking individuals from the community to serve on its Stakeholder Advisory Group in support of RiverRenew. RiverRenew is a major infrastructure initiative in Alexandria to reduce discharges of sewage mixed with rainwater into our local waterways through the construction of a deep tunnel system to capture and treat the additional flows delivered during rain events.
We are asking the community to be a part of this historic program and are looking for volunteers in the following areas:
- Residents and business owners near Tobacco Quay, Oronoco Waterfront Residences or Rivergate;
- Residents, business owners, and non-profits in south Old Town;
- Residents and business owners in the Carlyle Community or Duke Street corridor;
- Residents with an interest in RiverRenew; and
- Residents with engineering, environmental, financial or related experience.
We are seeking individuals who are committed to attendance and will serve as ambassadors, reaching out to neighbors and constituents to receive and share input. The RiverRenew Stakeholder Advisory Group will:
- Be an active and informed citizen group that provides diverse perspectives throughout various phases of RiverRenew’s implementation;
- Review and monitor program progress and provide diverse perspectives;
- Serve as spokespeople for RiverRenew in the community and leverage existing networks to communicate progress;
- Receive input from the public and represent community perspectives at meetings; and
- Provide recommendations regarding mitigation of community impacts.
The group, comprised of 13 community representatives, will initially meet on a monthly basis, with meetings starting in January 2019 and continuing through mid-2020.
The deadline for applications is December 1, 2018.
The Alexandria City Council resolution that establishes this Stakeholder Advisory Group can be viewed here.
If you have questions regarding this group or the application process, please reach out to the RiverRenew Communications and Outreach team at 703-518-6030, or by email: email@example.com.